Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chapter 4

*no introduction in this part*




It was getting chilly as I went higher and higher. There was no end to this. Camping was also difficult. The land up here was never flat. I had to look for a cave to spend the night. The food was even scarce. Not many foods grow in much higher places. I could here howling and growling of some residence here living in the mountain. I couldn’t even blink I was too scared to go to sleep. Shelter was even difficult. It was always raining and the wind was too strong to build a camp.

I always stop whether there was a cave nearby and have a break there. The air was getting thinner as I go higher. The supply of liquid was getting lesser and lesser. Could I even make it to the top before running out of water?

As I took shelter in one of the cave, I took notice of the great sky and the green field. The sun was setting. I needed to start building a fire. The wolf howled, the owl looked for preys, and the bear growled. The growling seems to be getting stronger. I was just hallucinating. But a very large figure appeared in front of the entrance. it had glowing red eyes, sharp teeth which is enough to tore my limbs apart. I started running to the inner area of the cave. The bear came after me. I can’t believe it, I was running for my life again.

The cave gotten darker as I went in further, the bear was getting faster. Any minute now I’ll be his dinner for the day.

I was too scared to look back at those large teeth. I had my eyes closed or was I? it was too dark to see but as I slightly open my eyes a saw s dim light at the end. Maybe if I ran toward it the bear would leave me alone.

With all my might I ran as fast as I can towards the light. Just a little further I would be free!!

No comments: